Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter....Jesus recommends it!

Setting: Family night the Monday before Easter, it was just me and the kids, Randy was on call for work.
Me: "Do any of you know why we celebrate Easter?"
Presley: "Because Jesus recommends it!"
All of us: laughed and laughed:)
of corse he was trying to say because Jesus was resurrected, but I think Jesus would recommend celebrating Easter too!

We had a wonderful Easter holiday, we were able to go camping out west of Nephi, the sun was shining, but it was a little bit chilly! Tyler and April and their kids stayed out with us and Garrit, Leah, Drew, & my dad came out for a little while on Saturday. I wish I had pictures to share, I really need to get a point and shoot camera.  I had my big camera, but it is such a pain for snapshots to get it out and worry about it getting dirty...so no pic's from the weekend..shame on me!  Randy had to speak in sacrament meeting...he did a wonderful job, he also got put in as executive secretary for the bishopric, so I guess that means I'm on my own Sunday morning to get the kids and me up and ready for church at 9 am! Tuesday nights he'll have meetings to, I know he'll do a wonderful job!  

Spring is right around the bend, you can hear it when the birds chirp, see it as things start to green up, and smell it in the air...what a wonderful time of year.  In relief society yesterday the teacher was talking about how there is so much symbolism in Spring that tie in to the resurrection.  Renewal of life.  We can see it in the world all around us.  And how wonderful is it to know that we will have that too, that this life is not the end, that we can see our friends and family and loved ones again....and live forever. I am so greatful for my Savior.  What hope and happiness he gives me despite the world around us that sometimes seems so cruel and wrong.  The key for me is to look to Him, his example, his life and to really try and see the bigger scheme of things.  Because we've been promised that if we live worthily that all that he has will be ours, and really he has everything.  We just need to get through this life, this test and do the very best we can, and thank goodness that the Savior has provided help for us when we do make mistakes....We can conquer sin and death through him! It's so wonderful to know.  I'm so greatful for the knowledge I have of these things...it helps me every single day.  Our teacher in relief society also said she feels like Easter and Spring is a better time to make resolutions, rather that New Years, it is a time we can do a little spring cleaning of the soul, to clear out all the cobwebs that have gathered and start fresh and new....I liked that, my house may not get spring cleaning done, but my soul will!

I hope you all had a wonderful amazing Easter....remember....Jesus recommends it!

2 comments:

Allison said...

Great post! I love all you said! It's all so true!

Leah said...

I miss you guys. I forgot to tell you that I loved this post.

You need to write down more of the funny things your kids say.

And thanks for being such an awesome sis-in-law.

Love ya!