Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Hot Date...

Yeah, that's right...Randy and I went on a hot date last night! You know, you get married and have kids and dates seem to just not happen anymore.  So last night there was a photography seminar up is SLC that I signed Randy and I up for. We decided to make a night out of it and went to dinner at the Melting Pot...my sister in law April said it was really good.  Randy was a bit skeptical about a "fondue" place, but after a lot of encouraging from me he agreed half-heartedly to try it out.  From the minute we walked it to our cozy little corner booth, I knew I was going to like it.  Your kind of secluded, really romantic.  The food was beyond fabulous, we finished our dinner and we were running a little bit late for the seminar, but we hadn't had dessert yet.  Randy said, "Well should we just go, and skip dessert?"  ......me: "Are you kidding me?  Skip the hot, melted chocolate with a swirl of caramel and nuts with all sorts of yummies to dip ranging from strawberries, to brownies, to cheesecake???? Skip dessert? Uh, no."  And boy am I glad we didn't, it was the best part of the meal!  The seminar was good, I won a door prize, a dvd instructional set for a software program I don't have.  But hey, I won a prize, that's all that matters!  We left the seminar at 10:00, it was still going, but it was way past our married with kids bet time of 8:30, and we still had a long drive home.  It was really, really nice to talk and laugh and eat chocolate covered strawberries, just Randy and I.  We really need to do date nights more often, it's essential to a good marriage I think....and something we need to work on and do more often.  So if any of you want to go on a double date with us...let me know! :)

4 comments:

Allison said...

How fun! Your dinner sounded amazing! I wann try that place out!!! it dosn't sound liek aplace Bryan would like much but maybe. He's not into cheese. So who knows but I'd LOVE it!!!

April said...

Sign us up for the double date! I'm so glad you guys got to go out...just the 2 of you! And I'm glad you both liked the Melting Pot, or I'd feel really bad for talking it up so much! Oh, and I'm really happy you stayed for dessert! Seriously though, dates are so important! If you ever need us to watch your kids when you head up north again, let us know! Our kids would love it!

Unknown said...

Amie- I didn't know you had a blog I thought it was just your photography blog. Melting pot is amazing! I love that place. Next time we come to town you will have to take some pictures of Ava, Maybe her one year! that's a good excuse to come back! especially in the summer. You are so talented! keep in touch.

Leah said...

Mmmm. Melted chocolate.